I got the girls’ plates served up first because omgtheyweresooooohungy!!
As I’m dishing myself, mischa announces that she wants milk. We’re working on not using sippy cups anymore so I got a “big girl cup” out. Maya sees it and shrieks that she wants a “big girl cup too!” so I poured her a small cup of milk.
One red cup, one green cup. I don’t look, I just grab cups.
“I want the green one not the orange one!” mischa cries.
“there is no orange one so you’re in luck,” I tell her.
“this is orange!”
“whatever. If you want milk, you’ll drink from it,” I tell her.
As I’m putting the milk away, I see an open bottle of wine. ‘Well, since we’re pouring beverages…’ I thought, and poured myself a glass.
I sit down to eat. Maya is halfway done with her meal while mischa is still pushing food around on her plate.
Mischa starts making some strange noises in maya’s face. Maya whines.
Maya dips her fork in her “big girl cup.”
Mischa offers maya some of her applesauce. “She’s eating her own food, you do the same,” I tell her.
Maya announces she’s done and pushes her plate away. She grabs her “big girl cup” of milk and before I know it, it’s all over the chair, her sister and the floor.
“Oh, mess,” maya tells me.
I got up and grabbed towels and begin sopping up milk. Meanwhile, mischa is bawling that “maya spilled milk ALL over me!” I told her to get up and go change.
While I’m cleaning milk out of every little crevice in the chair, mischa runs out in a princess dress “I changed!”
I sat down at my plate and took a long drink of wine, “yes. Yes, you did.”
And I tossed the milk soaked towels in.
Friday, September 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know it's hard to believe but you're going to miss these days. Enjoy them.
Hang in there sis!
Post a Comment